Anytime I watch a film, there always seems to be that one shot that makes the entire movie worth it. That one shot that is so beautiful, that speaks so much, that sums up an entire feeling, or even the visual that the entire plot depends on. Money shots. They can bring in the money and make the movie a success, they can be the shot that cost most of the budget...either way, money shots are certainly something that many want to capture.
Sky from
Philip Bloom on
Vimeo.
Iceland, Eyjafjallajökull - May 1st and 2nd, 2010 from
Sean Stiegemeier on
Vimeo.
For my own DP reel, I think I would be happy to get shots that look even just a fraction as beautiful as these above along with others I've seen. I think that what makes these types of shots so compelling is a combination of things like color, subject matter, time lapsing, composition...and many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment